When it comes to saving money on maintaining your car, a false comment is usually spread around to pacify unknowing customers to change their oil more often than needed. What comment is that? The comment is “Oil Changes are cheap insurance for a good running engine.” If you haven’t heard it yet, you will in the future.
Sure, I will admit, oil changes are crucial and are needed to maintain a good running engine, but the going 3000mile or 3 months mileage and time interval to change your oil was a limit set back in the 1960s and still are thought of as the truth in North America. But did you know the standard oil change interval for the same oil in Europe is over 8000-10000miles and sometimes over a year!!!
Yes, that is right. Your eyes are not playing tricks on you. Even though they basically use the same oil as us and go for so long without an oil change, their overall engine failure and lifespan numbers are essentially the same as ours. Their engines last just as long, and fail exactly the same as ours. The only difference is they are not paying triple to quadruple the oil changing costs FOR THE SAME PROTECTION.
As this is just an introdution to this topic, I will be adding more to it in the upcoming days as I expand why you should save your money and not dump good oil out of your crankcase till you know it is ready to be changed and not by some sticker on your windshield that in the end will help pad the oil change businesses pockets and fleece you of you well-earned money.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
- Buying a Used Car to Save you Money
- Save Electricity by Unplugging Unused Electronic/Appliances
- Improve Fuel economy by reducing engine warm up time idling.
- Using Your Clothes Dryer Properly to Save Money
- Compact Fluorescent (CFL) Bulbs Save Money
- Synthetic Motor Oil will Save You Money
- Saving Money on your Oil Changes: Part 2
- Saving Money on Your Oil Changes
- Welcome to Pocketbookpinch.com